Friday, November 2, 2007

A new king of search?

I dug up this year-old post from Librarian In Black:

Ten Reasons Librarians Should Use Ask.com Instead of Google

We've all read the jokes like "I don't remember how I did reference before Google!" (which I'm hoping is a joke and not a serious statement). Google is a tool, and it's only one tool. I think many librarians forget that, and rely on Google as their sole search engine, forgetting other search tools and forgetting the wealth of information that's out there in the invisible web: web content that is not indexed by the big search engines (like Library of Congress content, huge image databases, other gateway sites). But there is one search engine that I've come to rely on in addition to the big G: Ask.com. So, here are my ten reasons that librarians should use Ask.com instead of Google. See what you think.

No comments: